The NAHB estimates that the percentage of green buildings is expected to double in the next five years to a $70 billion industry. To help you keep pace and earn green points, Huber Engineered Woods is pleased to offer green building solutions with AdvanTech® structural panels.
MAKING IT EASY TO ACHIEVE CERTIFICATION
AdvanTech® products have achieved NAHB Research Center National Green Building Certification and are often eligible for points in green certification programs including:
GETTING THE MOST FROM RENEWABLE RESOURCES
- AdvanTech products optimize the use of wood. That’s because they are made from young, small trees, which are more quickly replaced than older-growth trees like those required for making plywood. What’s more, all parts of the log are used in the production of engineered wood and leftover chips, and bark and sawdust are used to help fuel our manufacturing facilities so that nothing goes to waste.
- In addition, our engineered wood products are manufactured for consistency and performance, resulting in less jobsite waste and more efficient construction.
- We are also a leader in our industry in modifying our manufacturing processes to be more environmentally friendly. Each of our plants employs state-of-the-art environmental control equipment and maintains strict control standards to ensure that the manufacturing of Huber products has a minimal impact on the environment.
PARTICIPATING IN ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY PROGRAMS
- All Huber Engineered Woods mills have been third-party certified to the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) Standard. In the U.S., SFI Program Participants represent 85% of wood panel production. Through our SFI efforts, we promote sustainable forest management and sound timber harvesting practices that promote tree growth and regeneration. Because of its clear performance measures, audit processes, and focus on continuous improvement, SFI has been widely accepted by green building programs as an alternative to Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) certification.
- Each year, we provide over 2.5 million seedlings to private landowners as part of our SFI efforts. In addition, we provide annual research funding for initiatives concerned with forest health and productivity, water quality, fish and wildlife, and landscape/ecosystem management and biodiversity.
- Since 1976, our parent company J. M. Huber has sponsored the Nature Conservancy with land donations, financial contributions, participation in the “Adopt-a-Preserve” program and employee volunteer programs. We donate $20 to the Nature Conservancy for each hour of service volunteered by our employees.)